Sunday 21 September 2014

Books Featuring the Works of Arthur Lestal


I was absolutely thrilled to discover this year that five books have been published featuring the works of my great grandfather, Estonian photographer Arthur Lestal.  I came across the first book completely by chance and since then have discovered that many more of his images have been reproduced in books relating to Albu, Ambla and Järvamaa. Arthur was a prolific photographer during Estonia's first period of independence and it fills me with great pride knowing that his images are of sufficient historic value to be included in these books. In his memory I have made a collection of his photographs which can be viewed on Flickr com.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123471822@N06/

I am constantly on the lookout for any of Arthur's old postcards, here are three of my latest finds.

Kehra railway station.


Grain machine. Raka village, Ambla.

Kehra river, Soodla bridge.