Thursday 2 June 2016

Promoting Estonia Through Postcrossing

A few months ago I joined the postcard exchange group Postcrossing and have since sent and received postcards from all over the world. So far I have received 66 postcards in total featuring some really beautiful designs and goodwill messages. When I send out my postcards they usually have an Estonian focus; often featuring an attractive image of Tallinn on the front and three fun facts about Estonia on the reverse. Sometimes I also like to include a few useful Estonian phrases. The feedback I have received from my postcards has been quite positive. People often write back to say how much they like my cards and hope to visit Estonia one day. I am glad I am inspiring people to learn more about  Estonia. It's well worth the visit!

Some of the postcards I have received so far.

At the end of each month Postcrossing emails users statistics showing where their postcards have come from. As you can see the membership group is quite diverse. Over 200 countries participate.

Postcards I received in May 2016 came from these countries.

Designing postcards is one of my hobbies. Here's my latest design.

More information about Postcrossing can be found here: Postcrossing